1. Armageddon. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more. It’s got love, action, drama and comedy. It’s my favorite movie.
2. A Walk to Remember. This movie with morals is heart-warming and heart-felt, and it makes me cry every time. Mandy Moore and Shane West give outstanding performances.
3. Miracle. My all-time favorite sports movie; very inspirational. You can’t help but want to jump out off your couch and cheer for USA (even though we all already know the outcome)!
4. Clueless. A story full of teenage angst, so totally 90s you just gotta love it.
4b. The Wedding Singer. I almost forgot this one! I love cheese and this 80s parody is full of it. The story is sappy but sweet, and the music is oh-so fun.
5. Facing the Giants. I really felt the emotions of the characters in this movie, even though the acting is not great. These are people we can relate to, and the Christian message woven throughout is awesome.
6. Troy/Gladiator. I’m a sucker for good ol’ Hollywood epics with great action and drama. What’s not to love?
7. Back to the Future. Time travel, Michael J. Fox, wacky scientist and a DeLorean? This one’s easy!
8. Beaches. Sorry, folks, but this one has to be on the list. I cry every time I see this movie. Not that crying is a telltale sign of a great flick, but the story of friendship is so deep and real, you can’t help but appreciate it.
9. Remember the Titans/We are Marshall. Great, emotional sports dramas. Titans just makes you feel good. Marshall is a sad but inspiring portrayal of a true story, plus extra points for Matthew Fox.
10. Tommy Boy. Just plain funny. David Spade and Chris Farley are a hee-larious duo.
11. Sweet Home Alabama. A sweet romantic comedy.
12. Legally Blonde. A fun chick flick; great for a some laughs. I guess I like Reese Witherspoon.
13. Indpendence Day/Enemy of the State. I pretty much like any of Will Smith’s blockbusters. There’s always a lot of action, drama and humor.
Honorary mention: School of Rock. I’m a closet fan of Jack Black and I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie.